Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Godiva: INHIBI+ION LicoWhite Lotion


How did I get this?
Well I'm off to Watsons in Sta. Lucia East Grandmall to get a moisturizer. However it's not available at that time so I ended up getting the Godiva fruitonique Re-Youth Serum, fruitonique Cream and their Inhibition LicoWhite Lotion.

What does GODIVA says?
Whitens and smoothens skin as it slows the rate of hair growth, eventually inhibiting hair from growing back. Moisturizes with emollient for that softer feel. Contains Glabridin, a powerful skin whitening ingredient from Licorice extract. Paraben free.

For more information visit their website.

Ingredients:
Water, Lanolin Alcohol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Monostearate, Mineral Oil, Frangrance, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf Extract, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Dimethicone Aquasome, Buylated Hydroxytoluene, Sodium Citrate, Glabridin (Licorice Extract)

My Skin Type:
Sensitive

Packaging:
Nothing special on the packaging. Just like any regular bottled-lotion in the market. It has a pink and white combination as for the its label.

My empty bottle after 4 months use. This is their largest bottle (100 ml) I've seen so far.

Texture:
Its light on skin with a yellowish-white color.


Direction:
After shaving, waxing or laser treatment, apply morning and evening on arms and legs. Continued use is necessary for best results.

What I say about it?
Its very light on skin and easily absorbed. Since its a moisturizer/whitening/inhibiting hair growth, lets see how it performed as what it says on its cover. 
 
Moisturizer - I dont shave but I occasionally wax and regularly epilate my underarms and legs. This lotion gives a smooth feeling after use. Plus I observed that it also helps heal bruises after waxing/epilating. It also minimizes appearance of lines on underarms. I regularly use this as an underarm lotion and top it with Milcu powder.

Whitener - It didn't work for me. Though it didn't darken my underarms.

Inhibiting hair growth - For the long time I've used it I must say it really did slowed down the growth of hair on my underarms since I regularly use it on that area. I only epilate my underarms once in every 1-2 weeks which was from twice a week. I only use it on my legs every after epilating. It did lesser the frequency to once a week from twice a week. Though it doesnt lessen the growing hair it also doesnt thicken the new hair so I guess its okay. Thus I don't believe it will inhibit hair from growing back.
 
Godiva's tag line is "natural skin care" though I've found some chemicals on the ingredients but at least its Paraben free.

What I don't like about it is the price vs its content. For I think 250 pesos for 100 ml I believe its a bit pricey. It only lasted for months because I didn't use it like a regular lotion. I'm using a different body lotion to moisturize my whole body.


My Verdict: 4/5

Will I repurchase?
Definitely Yes! It has been my favorite underarm lotion so far. For those who will buy it as an underarm lotion please note that I'm using this for its moisturizing and healing features not as a deodorant. I'm not into whitening my skin so it doesn't matter if it didn't lighten up my skin.

Disclaimer: This is not sponsored. What works for me may not work for you or vice versa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment